Monday, March 16, 2009

My Birthday Weekend!










I can't believe I just turned 26! But, I must say that I have had a good year! I especially had a great weekend! On Friday I learned that I have a job next year, what a blessing! Then, we had a lil' b-day party at my parents. It was way fun. I seriously have some of the best friends! I am so thankful for all of them! On Saturday, my actual birthday, I totally wasn't feeling great! So, I slept in then Kyle and I decided to go and look at houses (thanks to Ashley and Randy getting us all excited!). After that we went to dinner with Kyle's family. On Sunday, we went and looked at houses again, but with Julie and Troy this time, and we actually put some money down to take a house off the market, yikes! When we got home we had dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Taylor for Grandma's and my birthday. Then later that evening we met up with a lot of the family because Clay, Kyle's little brother, was becoming an Elder. It was so awesome how many members of the family were able to make it (some even drove an hour for the quick ordination!) It was so great to see how Clay was acting all day. He is an awesome kid with a bright future! We love you Clay! Keep up the good work!
So, now it's Monday and well, we put money down on another house! It was a crazy day. My parents were back from Hawaii so we took them to go and see the first house we put money down on. (Oh yeah, poor Chad was dragged along with us! It was fun to have him, but I felt bad for him!) Next, we drove around and looked at a variety of other houses. We went to the other side of the freeway which turns out to be a lot cheaper. So we looked at a couple houses from Pardee, the same builder of the house we put the money down on. These houses were just as nice, but cheaper! So, we were a little confused about what we should do because Kyle really liked the neighborhood of the first house. THEN, we drove around some more and ended up at the KB office. We toured the models, learned we could build the house to our preferences, pick our lot, and it would be ready in 4 to 5 months. We fell in love with the floor plan and the price and then put money down on that house! Craziness. I think we will end up taking the KB home. But...we'll see!


Overall, I am so grateful for my amazing family and friends. Thank you to everyone who remembered me on my b-day and helped to make it that much better! I am so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Where are the houses that you are looking at? That is so fun to get your first home. Sounds like you had a great birthday weekend, I am glad because you deserve it. We love you Jen

    ReplyDelete